If you’re new to the world of CBD, this article will help familiarize you with full-spectrum CBD serum. First off, it’s important to understand what CBD is, and what it is not. There is a lot of misinformation circling around CBD and CBD products, and the terminology can get confusing fast. Here’s a brief overview of CBD basics.
What is CBD?
The cannabis or “hemp” plant is the famous leafy green plant from which marijuana is derived. This is what ultimately made the plant famous. However, for decades people have also been isolating certain compounds within the hemp plant and extracting them for purposes other than getting a psychoactive effect. Cannabidiol, or “CBD” is one of those compounds. CBD is one of over one hundred cannabinoids found in the hemp plant. THC is the cannabinoid that is responsible for the psychoactive “high” effect produced by marijuana.
When CBD is extracted from the hemp plant, it can be extracted in one of three ways. The way in which the CBD is extracted determines how useful and beneficial it is.
- CBD isolate: CBD isolate refers to an oil that has been extracted and isolated alone. No other terpenes, cannabinoids, fibers, nutrients, or other beneficial ingredients are present in the oil except for CBD.
- Broad Spectrum CBD: Broad spectrum CBD refers to oil that contains all the above referenced compounds found in the hemp plant except THC.
- Full Spectrum CBD: Full spectrum CBD refers to oil that contains all the compounds found in the hemp plant, including a small amount of THC.
What is Full Spectrum CBD Serum?
Obviously, it is better to have a product that contains full spectrum CBD than a product containing broad spectrum CBD or CBD isolate. Only when every compound, fiber, and nutrient from the hemp plant are present in the CBD serum are you able to achieve the highly desired “entourage effect.” The entourage effect refers to the process by which all the compounds in the hemp plant work together to produce the maximum possible benefit.
Full spectrum CBD serum is a facial serum that contains full spectrum CBD oil. Commonly referred to as The Holy Grail of Facial Oils, full spectrum CBD serum has benefits for every skin type and user.
- Moisture balance. Full spectrum CBD serum contains a higher concentration of full spectrum CBD oil, which means more moisture balance for your skin. People with combination skin, rejoice! This product truly has the ability to balance out your moisture production, or lack thereof, and produce consistently balanced skin that isn’t oily in patches and dry elsewhere.
- Anti-aging. Full spectrum CBD is full of antioxidants and fatty acids, two of the quintessential ingredients sought after in any anti-aging product. Antioxidants and fatty acids help smooth and fill fine lines and wrinkles while giving your face an all over lifted and firmed look.
- The “glow.” You’ll hear some users describe it as “not oily, not shiny, just glowy.” We think that’s a great description. Full spectrum CBD serum gives your face a certain unmistakable glow that everyone will notice. Maybe it’s the evened out skin tone. Maybe it’s the disappearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Perhaps it is the elimination of skin irritation. No matter what, you’ll notice your skin just seems to radiate and glow.
The world of CBD and CBD skincare is ever-evolving. Knowing what is available and how it works will help you navigate new products and decide what benefits you need and what you’d like to try. A great first CBD skincare product is a full spectrum CBD serum. With the ability to balance your skin’s natural moisture, eradicate fine lines and wrinkles, diminish acne, and give you a healthy glow, you’ll be glad you invested in such a beneficial product.