Creating your own DIY bedside tables is a fantastic way to add a personal touch to your bedroom decor while saving money. These easy and stylish bedside table ideas will inspire you to get creative and customize your nightstands to match your unique style.
- Wooden Crate Nightstand:
Materials: Wooden crate, sandpaper, wood stain or paint, four furniture legs, screws, drill.
- Sand the wooden crate to smooth any rough edges.
- Apply your choice of wood stain or paint to the crate, allowing it to dry completely.
- Attach four furniture legs to the bottom corners of the crate using screws and a drill.
- Place your crate nightstand by your bed, and you’re done! You can also add a decorative knob or handle to the crate for added flair.
- Floating Shelf Nightstand:
Materials: Floating shelf, wall anchors and screws, level.
- Choose a floating shelf that complements your bedroom decor.
- Use a level to ensure the shelf is straight, then mark where you want to install it.
- Drill holes for wall anchors and screws, then attach the shelf securely to the wall.
- Arrange your essentials on the shelf, such as a lamp, books, and a small plant.
- Suitcase Nightstand:
Materials: Vintage suitcase, four table legs, screws, drill.
- Find a vintage suitcase that matches your style.
- Remove any old straps or handles from the suitcase.
- Attach four table legs to the bottom corners of the suitcase using screws and a drill.
- Place your suitcase nightstand next to your bed, and you have a unique and stylish bedside table with storage inside.
- Stack of Books Nightstand:
Materials: A stack of hardcover books, adhesive putty or glue.
- Collect a stack of hardcover books that are all roughly the same size.
- Use adhesive putty or glue to stack and secure the books together.
- Top the stack with a decorative tray, piece of glass, or a wooden board to create a flat surface.
- Place your stack of books nightstand by your bed, and it’s ready for use.
- Crate and Wooden Board Nightstand:
Materials: Wooden crate, wooden board (as a tabletop), screws, drill.
- Place a wooden board on top of the wooden crate to create a tabletop.
- Secure the board to the crate by drilling screws through the board and into the crate.
- Stain or paint the crate and tabletop to your desired finish.
- Your crate and wooden board nightstand is ready for use.
- Tree Stump Nightstand:
Materials: Tree stump, sandpaper, wood stain or paint, furniture legs (optional).
- Sand the tree stump to smooth rough edges and create a flat top.
- Apply wood stain or paint to enhance the stump’s appearance.
- If desired, attach furniture legs to the bottom for added height.
- Place the tree stump nightstand by your bed, and enjoy the rustic charm it adds to your room.
These DIY bedside tables offer a personal touch to your bedroom decor while allowing you to express your creativity. Customize them to match your style and preferences, and enjoy the satisfaction of a handmade addition to your bedroom.