As parents we always want the best for our babies. Unfortunately, there are tons of different things out there that are potentially harmful to our little ones. Sometimes, it’s difficult to distinguish between things that are safe versus things that are unsafe. This is especially true when it comes to baby products. Everything is going to be marketed as “safe” – but how can you really tell? Thankfully, baby balm is completely natural and totally safe for your baby. Here’s everything you need to know about baby balm:
What Is Baby Balm?
Baby balm is a natural product that has been specifically formulated to help your baby with a variety of skin conditions that babies often experience. Most of these conditions are very common and relatively harmless in the long-term, but still can be annoying for you and uncomfortable for your baby. Baby balm comes in several convenient forms ranging from a salve to a stick that you can easily apply to problem areas on your baby’s skin.
How Does Baby Balm Work?
Baby balm works thanks to amazing natural ingredients that absorb deep into your baby’s skin. These soothing ingredients are able to target problem areas and provide immediate as well as long-term relief when used on a regular basis. Here are just some of the different conditions that baby balm can help relieve:
- Cradle cap: Commonly found on a newborn’s scalp, cradle cap looks like yellow or white crusty patches. Thankfully, cradle cap isn’t contagious or painful but it’s still a good idea to address it with things like oils.
- Eczema: Commonly found on a newborn’s cheeks, arms, and legs, eczema looks like dry and rough red patches. Eczema can be uncomfortable for a baby since it’s itchy so it’s best to treat with soothing ingredients.
- Diaper rash: Commonly found on a baby’s bottom, a diaper rash is caused by prolonged exposure to moisture. If you don’t change your baby’s diaper enough or the diaper is too tight, a bright red diaper rash can occur. It’s best to treat this area gently and let it naturally dry out after changes and baths.
- Chapped skin: Commonly occurring during the winter months, chapped skin can be dry and painful for a baby with sensitive skin. It’s best to treat these areas by providing a thick barrier between the skin and the outside elements.
- Baby acne: Commonly occurring on an infant’s face, baby acne looks like red or white pimples and bumps. It isn’t painful but can be unsightly and is best treated with gentle products.
Is Baby Balm Safe?
The best thing about baby balm is that it is totally safe for your baby. It is lanolin free and is made from plant-based and natural ingredients that have been specifically chosen for babies. Baby balm treats your baby’s sweet and sensitive skin gently and effectively.
How to Find a Safe Baby Balm?
Finding a safe baby balm might seem like a challenge but you really need to look for reputable companies that use all-natural ingredients in their products. Make sure to check the reviews for positive experiences. Also make sure to check the ingredients list to look for baby-safe natural ingredients like yarrow, calendula, beeswax, lavender, chamomile, and comfrey.
In such a dangerous and unpredictable world, it’s important to keep your baby as safe as you can – and this includes paying special attention to the products that you use on your baby. By treating their sensitive skin with natural and soothing ingredients that come from plants, oils, and herbs, you can have the peace of mind that you are helping your baby now without hurting them in the long-run.